Brandkit accounts include an optional Blog feature that enables the writing of Posts.
When the Blog option is turned on in your account, the Blog option will appear in your main navigation menu (unless you have a customised Nav).
The Blog page (.../blog)
Below is an example of the Blog page for the Brandkit marketing site.
Anatomy of the Blog page
(1) Blog page title and count of Posts shown and found.
(2) Each Post typically (but optional) has a Primary Image.
(3) Each Post has a Title, Author/Contact, Publish Date shown above the Post Summary (aka Excerpt)
(4) Each Post has a Read more link which navigates to the individual Post page.
(5) Topics panel with a list of Tags related to Posts.
(6) Recent Posts panel with a list of recent posts in chronological order.
(7) A Subscribe/Unsubscribe to email updates button
Search by Topic Tag
When a user clicks a Topic Tag the page will display Posts filtered by that Tag.
In the example below the user clicked the Destination Marketing tag and found 3 Posts on that Topic (i.e. with that tag).
The URL will be something like: https://www.brandkit.io/blog/with_tag/92622
Posts page (.../posts)
There is also a Posts page that looks a lot like the Assets page.
This enables the searching of Posts using multiple tags with a choice of and/or search strategy, just like in Assets.
Here's a live example https://www.brandkit.io/posts
Search Results are shown as Post Cards which display the Primary Image, Publish Date, Title and Summary, for each Post found.
You can click a Card to go to the specific Post page, for example https://www.brandkit.io/blog/destination-marketing-needs-product
Note that you can also target specific Post search using simple URL with tag parameters e.g. https://www.brandkit.io/posts?tags=Destination%20Marketing
So this make it possible to add a link from landing page tiles, hrefs, images, etc to a specific collection of Posts. Or link from an external site or say social media post. Or share the URL with anyone via email.
Subscribing to Blog/Post Updates
Users can also Subscribe to updates with the Subscribe button on the Blog or Post pages provide they are logged in.
If logged out, the user must Login (or Register and Login) before they can Subscribe (or Unsubscribe). Once logged in the button changes to Subscribe.
Subscription is tied to the Users Brandkit Profile and can also be seen and changed in the users My Profile page.
Once Subscribed - nothing really happens other than the fact that the Users profile is updated - we don't send out any emails (currently) when you add a new post.
It's up the Brandkit account owner to download their User list as a CSV (which includes a column for Subscription) and then import those subscribed users into whatever email system you use for email marketing.
Purpose of the Blog/Posts feature
The purpose of the Blog feature is to share information, and written content to your users whether registered and logged in or the public (depending on your account setup). It can be used for example to write and distribute:
- Press Releases
- Blog Posts
- Story Ideas
- Reusable copy
- News and Updates
For example Customers are using the blog to announce content initiatives and talk about new downloadable assets ti drive engagement, as a pace to centralise Press Releases and Story Ideas to aid Journalists and other storytellers, as a Content Marketing channel and more.
Depending on your plan, the Blog feature is optional and must be turned on for you by Brandkit support . Please ask your Brandkit Account Manager or Brand kit support to activate for you.
Like most features the landing pages and content that appears in your Portal are customisable
- Each account can have one Blog only. But you can use Tags and custom page sections to create multiple custom Post collections (e.g. Press Releases vs Story Ideas vs Product Announcements).
- The Blog can be named what ever you wish in the Portal but will be reference as Blog in the URL path and in the Admin interface.
- A link to the Blog landing page can be added to the main navigation menu or anywhere else in your Brand Portal
- A Blog Feed widget is available as a page section for any custom Portal page that will list the latest Posts and can be set to show only Posts with a particular tag or set of tags. This can be customised like most things in the Portal.
- The Blog landing page (../blog) features a list of all your Posts (in summary form), with a Tag cloud, a list of recent posts and a Subscribe button.
- Each Post has it's own dedicated page with the full Post, plus same tag cloud, list of recent posts and Subscribe button.
- We can customise most elements of the blog page and posts including removing elements like the Tag Cloud, etc.
How to Create a Post
How to Edit an Existing Post
How to Import Posts
coming soon ...
Contact your Brandkit Account Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org about customisation and setup.