How do I create related assets?
Related Assets are Assets that have some sort of relationship with the current asset For example a Video may have a related Shotlist document or an Image might have a related Talent Release agreement, etc).
An Asset can have multiple Related Assets.
To add Related Assets
- You need to be in the Admin interface.
- Navigate to the Asset Detail page that you want to add the Related Asset(s) to.
- Click the Add/Edit Relationship button in the Action Panel.
- Now search for the Asset(s) you wish to relate by typing in a tag or tags. You can refine your search further with Related Tags.
- Click the Add button below the Asset thumbnail that you wish to add.
- Once Added you can click the Remove button to remove the relationship again.
- Make sure you click Done to commit changes
Note: the Asset where you add the relationship is know as the Parent asset and the asset you select as the Related Asset is the Child of the relationship. We will also add automatically a reverse relationship from the Child to the Parent.
Note (Advanced): When exporting Asset Metadata for batch editing, the Related Assets column is populated with the unique Asset ID of the child assets. However the Child Asset(s) do not show the reverse Parent Asset ID. This is simply to simplify the manual batch editing of Related Assets. You just need to insert the unique Asset ID of the child assets in the parent Asset's Related Assets column in the csv(spreadsheet). You don't need to add the Parent Asset's ID into the Child Asset's row.
Here's an example of a Video Asset with related Shot Notes for Tourism NZ
~ end ~