Brandkit's security measures abide by the following principles:
- Align security activities with Brandkit's strategies and support Brandkit objectives.
- Leverage security to facilitate confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data and assets.
- Utilize Brandkit's security resources efficiently and effectively.
- Utilize monitoring and metrics to facilitate adequate performance of security related activities.
- Manage security utilizing a risk based approach.
- Implement measures designed to manage risks and potential impacts to an acceptable level.
- Leverage industry security frameworks where relevant and applicable.
- Leverage compliance/assurance processes as necessary.
- Analyze identified or potential threats to Brandkit and its customers, provide reasonable remediation recommendations, and communicate results as appropriate.
Data Center Security, Availability, and Disaster Recovery
- Brandkit leverages leading data center providers to house our physical infrastructure. In our case Amazon AWS.
- Our data center providers (Amazon AWS) utilize an array of security equipment, techniques and procedures designed to control, monitor, and record access to the facilities.
- We have implemented various solutions designed to protect against and mitigate effects of DDoS attacks.
- Brandkit has a formally documented disaster recovery (failover) plan which is tested at least annually. Results of testing are documented and maintained.
Application Level Security
- Brandkit hashes passwords for user accounts and provides SSL for customers.
- Regular penetration testing is performed on the Brandkit platform, the results of which are analyzed and remediated (as appropriate) by our engineering and security teams.
- Customers are provided the ability to customize website permissioning.
- In the event of an issue related to the security of the Brandkit platform, the Brandkit team follows a formal incident response process.
- We analyze identified or potential threats to Brandkit and its customers, provide reasonable remediation recommendations, and communicate results as appropriate.
Brandkit Building and Network Access
- Physical access to Brandkit offices and access to the Brandkitr internal network is restricted and monitored.
Systems Access Control
- Access to Brandkit systems is limited to appropriate personnel.
- Brandkit subscribes to the principle of least privilege (e.g., employees, system accounts, vendors, etc. are provided with the least amount of access for their job function).
Security Risk Management
Threat intelligence and risk assessment are key components of Brandkit's information security program. Awareness and understanding of potential (and actual) threats guides the selection and implementation of appropriate security controls to mitigate risk.
Potential security threats are identified, and assessed for severity and exploitability prior to being classified as risks. If risk mitigation is required, Brandkit works with relevant stakeholders and system owners to remediate.
The remediation efforts are tested to confirm the new measures/controls have achieved their intended purpose.